# Meeting 127 - Annual Review
|127||7 May 2021 14:00||10 May 2021 11:00||Isaac Triguero Velazquez,Adam Ke Zhou, Wang|
- What's the novelty?
- Comparison with previous work in case studies: what's the advantage of LetterVis?
- Great contribution, filled in a gap
- De facto 2nd year of your PhD, started in June in Swansea
- In annual review report, state your contribution and future work clearly
- What's the skeleton and objectives of your PhD
- Chapter 1 - EHR STAR
- Chapter 2 - LetterVis
- How to connect them together as a package
- What's your contribution to computer science and visualization
- Papers are focusing too much on what you did, missing why you did them
- Writing is excellent, content needs more work
- Avoid doing too many things at the same time (EnsembleVis, RAMPVis), they are not sufficient to be a chapter in your thesis
- What's your next step/project?
- How are you going to address EHR data access problem (do you have a backup plan, e.g. open access dataset)
- What's your target publication venue?
- Top VIS conference: VIS/TVCG, EuroVis/CGF
Sense of belonging:
- Networking with other researchers, eg. Mercedes (2nd supervisor), they may have EHR data too
- Do some teaching or other work for the school
- Issac will introduce his students when the office is fully open
- Additional free training provided by UoN is available