|No ||Date ||Next Meeting ||Members|
|27 ||25 Apr 19 11:00 ||2 May 19 11:00 ||Bob, Dylan, Elif, Wang|
- 200 patient records/letters
- 1st survey paper summary
- Started reading chapter 2 of QT book
- Print out survey paper summary for Bob to review
- Add the followings to survey paper summary:
- Follow Bob's file naming convention: surname of first author, year, first significant word of title (eg: laramee2011interactive)
- Summarize West et.al 2014
- Copy Vis 2018 USB and look for related papers on EHR vis
- Look at the following papers:
- bernard2019dashboard, Using dashboard networks to visualize multiple patient histories
- kwon2019retain, RetainVis: Visual Analytics with Interpretable and Interactive Recurrent Neural Networks on Electronic Medical Records
- mccurdy2019framework, A framework for externalizing implicit error using visualization
- Histogram of population by age in 1 year intervals Live Demo(opens new window)
- User option: highlight "numbers" for MedGate Live Demo(opens new window)
- Draft a list of interview questions for EHR domain experts
- Please provide a brief description of your job.
- What general topic area(s) does your research(s) cover?
- What are your research objectives?
- Do you have any hypotheses? What are your unsolved problems?
- What general types of dataset are common in your research (e.g. numerical data, text documents, images, etc.)?
- On average, what is the size of dataset do you generally work with? (e.g. 5,000 rows of CSV, 3,000 images, etc.)
- What methods do you use to analyse the data (e.g. statistical, excel, document analysis tools, etc.)?
- What methods or tools do you use to get the “bigger picture” about your collections of results?
- What are the areas of improvement you'd like to see in the tools you use for your research(s) (e.g. data processing speed, interactive functions, user-friendliness etc.)?
- If you could find out anything in your research(s), what would that be?